Hardware troubleshooting is the process of reviewing, diagnosing and identifying operational or technical problems within a hardware device or equipment. It aims to resolve physical and/or logical problems and issues within a computing hardware. Hardware troubleshooting is done by hardware or technical support technician. The process starts by first identifying the problem and finding different issues that can cause such a problem and eventually leading to implementing a solution or alternative. Hardware troubleshooting is generally done on hardware equipment installed within a computer, server, laptop or related device.
- Removing, repairing and replacing faulty RAM, hard disk or video/graphic card.
- Cleaning dusts from RAM and Video carts slot/ports and from cooling fan.
- Tightening cable and jumpers on motherboard and/or components.
- Software related hardware problems such as device driver update or installation.
- Hardware upgrades.
- Install and add hardware to the computer.
- Introduction of Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
- Operating System & Other application Installing
- Protecting Against Viruses
- Printer and Scanner Troubleshooting
- Basic Computer Software Troubleshooting
- Repairing a Slow Compute.
Career Option : IT Managers | IT Professional | Technical Trainers | Enterprise IT Analyst | Call Center IT Analyst