Computer graphics are pictures and films created using computers. Usually, the term refers to computer-generated image data created with help from specialized graphical hardware and software. It is a vast and recent area in computer science. Graphic design is all around us, in a myriad of forms, both on screen and in print, yet it is always made up of images and words to create a communication goal. Computer graphics careers could involve designing software programs, advertisements, video games, and special effects for websites, print media or television shows and movies. Designers work with computers and a variety of software to create art, effects and/or animation for these industries. some computer graphics artists work in advertising, computer gaming or film and television. A computer graphics designer may also create original animation for internet websites, television commercials or video games.
Description of Course :
- Introduction to the Graphic Design Industry : Students are introduced to the graphic design industry through magazines, internet, etc. We begin to talk about audience. History of Graphic Design , Future of Graphic Design Program Area
- Introduction to the equipment : Students use multimedia elements to create projects with graphic design software. The introduction of each piece of equipment would be tied to a relevant graphics project. Computer, Scanner, Camera, Digital tablet, Printer
- Elements of Design : Students learn about design elements through projects such as; creating examples of color schemes using graphic software and creating an original alphabet based on a theme. Each project includes self reflection and a peer review. Color, Line , Shape , Space , Texture , Value Program Area.
- Typography : In teams students create a business proposal and create branding for that business including a commercial and magazine ad. They present the product to the class. o Anatomy of a letter o Typefaces o Typographic Measurement o Typographic Standards o Typographic Guidelines Program Area
- Creating images for print & web : Students learn when to use particular image formats for individual projects. They create collages, logos, cd covers, etc. Each project includes self reflection and a peer review. o Formats o Resolution o Raster Vs Vector Program Area
- Editing Images : Students use images scanned and from the internet to create projects while learning to cite sources and understand whether or not they can legally use the image.
- Editing Video : Students use videos smart phone and from the internet to create projects while learning to cite sources and understand whether or not they can legally use the image.
- 3d & Animation : Students use 3rd & Animation smart phone and from the internet to create projects while learning to cite sources and understand whether or not they can legally use the image.
- Text & Materials: Student will become familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud design applications including: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat.
Overall Objective :
- It has been used to edit and create images as diverse as Commercial Art, Cosmetic ads, New Photos, Motion picture footage, Animation cells & Fine Art work.
- Creates original Art & converts it to desired Platforms.
- Retouch, manipulate & enhance photographs of Digital arts.
- Master the special effects you’ve always wanted.
- Learn the secrets of Output & Storage of your Images.
- Web page designing.
- Complex and High Quality Output.
- Logos, Libraries
- High Quality Illustrations.
- Creating Banners, Posters, Handbills etc
Art Department Assistant | Visual Designer | Creative Assistant | Senior Graphic Designer |
Graphic Designer | Senior Production Artist | Design Assistant